Saturday 24 October 2015

Silently progressing and slowly believing

I am happy to report that this entry is not a 'Oh no, I'm back at square one and am starting all over again!' kind of post.  Progression has been made, although I have no hard statistics to back this up.  It's obvious that health isn't determined by numbers alone, and although this is something I learned awhile ago, I have only just started to believe it in the last few months.  

I have been exercising consistently because I found something I love to do.  To be fair, exercise hasn't been a problem for me all year,  I've had maybe two months in total where I haven't been regularly moving my arse, what has been a problem is food.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to me, as this battle between a love of fitness and obsession with doughnuts inspired my blog title.  It still saddens me that this is yet another attempt to win.  To achieve balance. To be able to go to Costa, have a coffee and a muffin and move on. I would then usually make the worst decision possible for my next meal, and snack on crisps, biscuits and chocolate to really ruin all of my efforts.  
This makes no logically sense, because the muffin would not have caused that much damaged.  Plenty of fit and healthy people have treats occasionally.  Heidi Powell, partner in crime to Chris Powell from Extreme Weight Loss, said on one of her youtube videos that she has a 'Morning Bun' every day.  I believe this is an american Starbucks thing? It looked like a cinnamon roll, but the without the icing. Mmmm, icing. It may be available here, but I'm not really a Starbucks person (go, Costa Coffee!!!!!).  Anyway, the point is - she looks awesome! She is superfit, a mother, and is mega-busy but has her daily treat.  And does not gain a million pounds every week.

I think muscle is the key.  I kind of forgot the awesome fact that muscle burns more calories than fat just by sitting there. Not doing anything!  Considering I work as an Admin-bird, that sounds pretty good. Plus I like lifting heavy things.  Feeling strong is awesome.  Who wouldn't want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment