Tuesday 17 February 2015

Mean to be Clean

Eating clean should be the simplest thing in the world. We have all the knowledge to know what's good and bad and yet diet always seens to be the thing that stumps people. Probably because of the 'good' and the 'bad'. I'm beginning to accept, because I have known for many years, it is about balance. A treat now and then will nit throw all your efforts out if the window, yet a lot of us still do it. One of my favourite analogies is; if you get a flat tyre, you do not then slash the remaining three tyres, you change the flat and carry on with your journey. Why I cannot apply this to my food habits is still baffling me, but I am getting better. 

I completed a Midnight Walk for a local hospice at the weekend, and my friend and I completed the half marathon distance in 2 hours 50 minutes. Not bad for just walking. I've got a 10k Race For Life run in 2 weeks and as much as I enjoy training for sport and charity events, I'm definitely spending the next 6 months focusing on getting strong and getting lean. It'll be a rocky road, with many slip ups. Especially with my birthday and a holiday not far off. But it'll be worth it. But can I do it? My mind works in funny ways. One time I will crave routine and commitment to training, then all I will want to do is do what I want,  which is normally resistance training. When i have allowed this before, I've completely lost all discipline and end up where I started originally, if not in a worse place.

This time it feels different. I feel it's possible. I just need to keep it simple and not rush. My impatience is epic and that will be the most challenging part, but by giving myself a whole year to get 'shredded' the pressure is already off. And with birthdays, Christmas, New Year and Easter etc, I know there will be days when I falter. As I usually aim for perfection, this also lifts a lot of pressure from my shoulders. 

I intend to blog regularly about this year's journey. Much more regularly that I have done! It could be interesting, it could be dull as dishwater, there's only one way to find out 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment